OHS PTA Committee Chairpersons for 2017 – 2018
After School Programs: Inga Flanagan and Pam Carter
Art Smart: Nicole Koester
Art Show: Miss G
Author Visits: Bridget Edwards and Pamela Carter
Birthday Books: Robin Orriss
Book Fair: Liz Giardina, Alison Sterner, Gina Butler, Tara Van Horne, and Kelly Dodder
Book Swap: Kim Cornwell and Leslie Mertz
Box Tops For Education: Barbara Duggan and Kerry McClane
Celebration Books: Christine Cutler
Diversity Day: Kelly Glaze-Capuano, Rabab Hussain, and Bridget Edwards
Environmental Awareness (C.A.N.E.):
K – Melissa Weinstein
1st – Meredith Anastasio
2nd –Cindy Wakeman
Family Fun Night:
Field Day: Kristen Lynch and Shelley Hall
Fifth Grade Committee: Leslie Mertz, Kelly Sullivan, Tara Guth, and Kerry McClane
Gardening: Dawn Gitman
Harvest Faire: Jenn LaPlante and Erin Fusco
Health, Fitness and Safety: Kim Cornwell and Bridget White
Junior Achievement: Carrie Robertson and Pamela Holden
Junior Great Books (Grades 3-5):
4th – Megan Freiler
Library Media Center: Rabab Hussain Syed
Mill River Captain (Grades 3-5):
3rd – Carol Guernsey
4th – Pamela Holden
5th – Erin Fusco
Operation Hope: Jenn LaPlante and Kelly Dodder
Parent Social – Spring 2017: Amy Bowley and Patty Keenan
Publishing Center: Kathy Berens
Reading Celebration Week: Bridget Edwards and Pamela Carter
Recess Chair: Missy Dilley and Jennifer Shankle
Room Parents: Mary Kate Gardiner
Spiritwear: Nicole Kofoed
Teacher Appreciation: Catherine Yarmosh
Turkey Trot: Janice Price and Elaine Remley
UNICEF: Emiko Nomoto and Ann Marie Petri
Variety Show: Lisa McCormack, Merrie Della Porta, and Tina Tison
Walk-A-Thon: Bridget Edwards and Stephanie Rooney
Yearbook: Dawn Gitman, Alyson Torello, and Liz Giardina
COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSON GUIDELINES:
Please feel free to refer any questions to your volunteer coordinators:
1. Know your volunteers: Contact all the volunteers who signed up to work on your committee. If your committee gets too many volunteers, you should call these volunteers and thank them for volunteering but refer them back to the VOLUNTEER COORDINATORS who can then place them with committees that need help. Please do not forget to contact everyone who offers you help.
3. Know your budget: Contact Treasurers for amount available to spend or income goal to strive for with your fundraising activity.
4. Know your bills and vouchers: All bills and vouchers must be submitted to the Treasurers with ORIGINAL receipt and/or invoice AND an OHS voucher. Blank vouchers are available online and in the office. All receipts must be submitted within 30 days of the end of the event and then please allow 3 weeks for reimbursement.
5. Know your monies: All income from fundraisers should be tallied and then submitted to the Treasurers for bank deposit. Please coordinate with the Treasurers for a convenient time/place to drop off monies.
6. Know your PTA board: We are here to help in any way that we can! You should always feel free to contact any member on our PTA Board. We work as a team to get the job done and thank you for all your hard work as well.
7. Know your PTA by-laws: The OHS by-laws govern the PTA. Here are some things to remember:
- All volunteers must be paid PTA members for the current school year and must fill out the district’s new volunteer form.
- Committee work must be presented to board for approval.