OHS PTA Committee Chairpersons for 2018 – 2019
After School Programs: Stephanie Rooney
Art Smart: Nicole Koester
Art Show: Miss G
Author Visits: Bridget Edwards and Kerry Sweeney
Birthday Books: Robin Orriss
Book Fair: Gina Butler, Kelly Dodder and Tara Van Horne
Book Swap: Lisa McCormack and Leslie Mertz
Box Tops For Education: Meg Horn
Celebration Books: Bridget Edwards
Diversity Day: Bridget Edwards, Rabab Hussain Syed and Catherine Yarmosh
Environmental Awareness (C.A.N.E.):
K — Beth Nori
1st — Cindy Kaufman
2nd – Alison Savona
Family Fun Night:
Field Day: Kerry McClane and Tricia Palsa
Fifth Grade Committee: Serene Compare, Missy Dilley, Leslie Mertz and Tricia Palsa
Gardening: Dawn Gitman
Harvest Faire: Meredith Anastasio, Lori Denton and Jenn LaPlante
Health, Fitness and Safety: Bridget White
Junior Achievement: Pam Holden and Carrie Robertson
Junior Great Books (Grades 3-5):
3rd — Bridget Edwards and Alison McCoy
4th – Liz Giardina
5th – Megan Freiler
Library Media Center: Rabab Hussain Syed
Mill River Captain (Grades 3-5):
3rd – Amy Bowley and Mary Donovan
4th – Carol Guernsey
5th – Pam Holden
Mother Son Dance: Karla Connors, Nicole Kofeod and Ann Truman
Operation Hope: Meg Horn
Parent Social: Amy Bowley and Patty Keenan
Publishing Center: Kathy Berens
Reading Celebration Week: Bridget Edwards
Recess Chair: Missy Dilley and Mollie McIntosh
Room Parents: Mary Kate Gardiner
School Supply Kits: Aya Forster and Mary Murphy
Spiritwear: Nicole Kofoed and Mollie Milano
Teacher Appreciation: Catherine Yarmosh
Turkey Trot: Janice Price and Elaine Remley
UNICEF: Emiko Nomoto and Ann Marie Petri
Variety Show: Allison Kramer, Mollie Milano and Stephanie Rooney
Walk-A-Thon: Shannon Roper
Yearbook: Liz Giardina, Dawn Gitman, Alison O’Connor and Stephanie Rooney
COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSON GUIDELINES:
Please feel free to refer any questions to your volunteer coordinators:
1. Know your volunteers: Contact all the volunteers who signed up to work on your committee. If your committee gets too many volunteers, you should call these volunteers and thank them for volunteering but refer them back to the VOLUNTEER COORDINATORS who can then place them with committees that need help. Please do not forget to contact everyone who offers you help.
3. Know your budget: Contact Treasurers for amount available to spend or income goal to strive for with your fundraising activity.
4. Know your bills and vouchers: All bills and vouchers must be submitted to the Treasurers with ORIGINAL receipt and/or invoice AND an OHS voucher. Blank vouchers are available online and in the office. All receipts must be submitted within 30 days of the end of the event and then please allow 3 weeks for reimbursement.
5. Know your monies: All income from fundraisers should be tallied and then submitted to the Treasurers for bank deposit. Please coordinate with the Treasurers for a convenient time/place to drop off monies.
6. Know your PTA board: We are here to help in any way that we can! You should always feel free to contact any member on our PTA Board. We work as a team to get the job done and thank you for all your hard work as well.
7. Know your PTA by-laws: The OHS by-laws govern the PTA. Here are some things to remember:
- All volunteers must be paid PTA members for the current school year and must fill out the district’s new volunteer form.
- Committee work must be presented to board for approval.