OHS PTA Committee Chairpersons for 2020-2021
After School Programs: Rachel Parrish
Art Smart: No 2020-2021 Programming due to Covid
Art Show: Art Teachers
Author Visits: Liz Feeney
Birthday Books: Robin Orriss
Book Fair: Tara Van Horne and Jane Loh
Book Swap: Anne Truman and Amelia Clark
Box Tops For Education: Joan Tuckman
Celebration Books: Mary Murphy
Diversity Day: Rabab Hussain Syed, Catherine Yarmosh, Alexis Maclvain & Priya Mohan
Environmental Awareness (C.A.N.E.):
K — Beth Nori
1st — Pam Holden
Family Fun Night:
Field Day: Elaine Remley and Janice Price
Fifth Grade Committee: Dawn Gitman, Juliette Tiriolo and Nicole Kofoed
Harvest Faire: Meredith Anastasio and Lori Frisone
Health, Fitness and Safety: Marissa Jacobson
Junior Achievement: Pam Holden and Carrie Robertson
Junior Great Books (Grades 3-5):
3rd — Anne Truman
4th – Shelley Dreizen
5th – Ally McCoy
Library Media Center: Heather Woelk
Mill River Captain (Grades 3-5):
3rd – Laura King
4th – Alison O’Conner
Mother Son Dance:
Operation Hope: Meg Horn
Parent Social: Cammie Liberty
Publishing Center: Kathy Berens (OHS Staff)
Reading Celebration Week:
Room Parents: Mary Kate Gardiner
School Supply Kits: Aya Forster and Mary Murphy
Spiritwear: Mollie Milano, Allyson Mandelbaum & Morgan Nelson
Teacher Appreciation: Catherine Yarmosh & Deidre Obolewicz
Turkey Trot: Jenn LaPlante and Patty Keenan
UNICEF: Amanda Schmidt and Priya Denton
Variety Show: Allison Kramer, Mollie Milano and Stephanie Rooney
Yearbook: Dawn Gitman and Stephanie Rooney
COMMITTEE CHAIRPERSON GUIDELINES:
Please feel free to refer any questions to your volunteer coordinators:
1. Know your volunteers: Contact all the volunteers who signed up to work on your committee. If your committee gets too many volunteers, you should call these volunteers and thank them for volunteering but refer them back to the VOLUNTEER COORDINATORS who can then place them with committees that need help. Please do not forget to contact everyone who offers you help.
2. Know your Treasurers: Janice Price and Rachel Parrish
3. Know your budget: Contact Treasurers for amount available to spend or income goal to strive for with your fundraising activity.
4. Know your bills and vouchers: All bills and vouchers must be submitted to the Treasurers with ORIGINAL receipt and/or invoice AND an OHS voucher. Blank vouchers are available online and in the office. All receipts must be submitted within 30 days of the end of the event and then please allow 3 weeks for reimbursement.
5. Know your monies: All income from fundraisers should be tallied and then submitted to the Treasurers for bank deposit. Please coordinate with the Treasurers for a convenient time/place to drop off monies.
6. Know your PTA board: We are here to help in any way that we can! You should always feel free to contact any member on our PTA Board. We work as a team to get the job done and thank you for all your hard work as well.
7. Know your PTA by-laws: The OHS by-laws govern the PTA. Here are some things to remember:
- All volunteers must be paid PTA members for the current school year and must fill out the district’s new volunteer form.
- Committee work must be presented to board for approval.